bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

The Unbearable Burden of Caring

The Unbearable Burden of Caring - Tessa Crowley (tessacrowley) Set fifteen years after the war, Draco is a recluse, living with a lot of depression and guilt over what he was forced to do as a Deatheater. His agent talks him into going to a masked ball, where he meets The Raven.

Harry doesn't know what to think of the Prince, the man he meets at the ball, he only knows he has to know more. He learns the Prince is a writer, finds his pen name, and they strike up a writing relationship, only to have Draco run when he learns who it really is he's been falling for.

I thought this was VERY well done, and does a good job of showing a Draco who feels huge guilt over who he used to be. It wasn't all washed over with the magic "war's over", brush. I did think the end was a bit rushed, but there's a sequel!