bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling
Dark Soul Vol. 1 - Aleksandr Voinov

I'm not sure what I think of this one. I'm not a big mafia fan, in movies or in books. In fact, all that I know about the mob I learned from General Hospital, which means I know pretty much nothing. I do have the feeling that real mobsters do more than just throw scotch glasses, shout "you're dead to me" over the smallest show of disrespect, and masquerade as coffee importers.

As such, all the lingo in this one really threw me, as did the sheer volume of names thrown about in the beginning, especially once Stefano switches from last names to first name with Silvio. The scene where he ties Silvio up and...does what he does to him threw me a bit, I admit. I also wasn't expecting a wife, but I'll see how that goes when I get back to these. I have a feeling this series is going to be much darker than what I normally read, so I'm going to hold the rest of it aside until I'm really in the mood for something dark.