bitchie

In The Absence of Light
Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

New York to Dallas (In Death Series #33)

New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) - J.D. Robb It was nice to finally get back into this world, it's been a while for me. This remains one of my favorite series, with some of my favorite characters ever. The mystery was as solid and gritty as ever. My only real complaint with the mystery was all the coincidences. The one girl who visited him in prison was the last girl he took, and she just so happened to move with her family to Dallas, which just so happens to be the last name of the cop who caught him. Then he just so happens to hook up with a woman helper who just so happens to be Eve's long lost, terrible mother?? I kept waiting for there to be more to that story, that the guy used his supposedly really good techie skills to figure out the link between his accomplice and Eve, but nope, just another in a long line of coincidences in this series. Just like how we learn Roarke's terrible, abusive father just so happened to have had dealings with Eve's terrible abusive father in a previous book. Too many coincidences.I also missed our regular crew, with Eve and Roarke in Dallas the whole time, so I'm looking forward to getting back to NY and Peabody, McNab, Feeney, and the rest of the crew.