bitchie

In The Absence of Light
Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

North of Need (Heart of the Anemoi)

North of Need - Laura Kaye Probably my least favorite of hers out of the three I've read so far. I'm wavering between 3 and 3.5 stars. It wasn't bad at all, very well written and edited, and I really did like the characters.My complaint is, considering the subject matter (woman grieving her dead husband, man is a snow god made man just for her), it was all just too easy. She accepted this new guy too quickly, she accepted what he was too easily, and other than one afternoon where she couldn't face telling him she loved him because she feared losing another man (after which he melts in a shades of Frosty the Snowman scene) , then they made it better and it was all ok.It was more than twice the length of Hearts in Darkness, but I think it had like half the depth and heart.