bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

Law Man (Dream Man, #3)

Law Man (Dream Man, #3) - Kristen Ashley I've been reading Kristen Ashley's books for a few months now, and she definitely has a certain flavor, a formula she almost follows exactly. However, she still manages to keep all her stories just fresh enough that I can't help but keep reading.In this story, we get Mitch Lawson. Mitch is a cop, but he isn't quite as rough around the edges as KA's usual heroes. He has a nice apartment with fancy furniture and dresses well. But he's still a KA guy, alpha at his core. I loved the way he wanted Mara, but was so patient in waiting for her. No, he wasn't a monk, he didn't spend all his nights alone, but once Mara finally opened the door to him (with a wonderfully timed broken faucet), Mitch wasted no time in walking right in and slamming that door shut behind him. He knew what he wanted, and he wasn't going to let anything stop him from getting it. He didn't blink when Mara suddenly found herself with three kids to raise, and I loved the way he took them in as his own, and really FOUGHT for them like they were his. It wasn't just to impress the woman, he genuinely fell for them, and I think he would have been a part of their lives, even if it hadn't worked out with Mara. But since they were so good together, of course it worked out.My only nitpicks with this story was Mara and her insecurity. I know she had a rough life, but how she did NOT see herself as even a little bit attractive is beyond me. I know we women have our hangups, but dayum, Mara was really mess. I loved watching her grow to see herself as others saw her though, a wonderful, caring, beautiful woman, worthy of the love of a good man.