bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

Leo (Sign of Love, #1)

Leo (Sign of Love, #1) - Mia Sheridan I really enjoyed this one, but I did have a few issues with it.First of all, how people tended to spill their guts. Someone asks a simple question, and the person gives a long drawn out monologue of an answer. Somehow, it always bugs me in books when people go on and on, but that's probably just me.Second, how mature Evie and Leo seemed as kids. Yes, I know the kind of life they had forces a kid to grow up fast, but it was more the tone, their speech patterns that I had issues with. I was a pretty mature kid too, but I never spoke or thought the way they did.And last, every time there was an issue between Jake and Evie, I think she gave in and trusted way too easily. There'd be a misunderstanding, she'd feel hurt and confused, run away, he'd chase after, talk to her a bit, and la de da, all better. Just felt too easy there. I kept wanting Evie to ask more questions, to not be placated so easily, even though Jake was being truthful with her every time. I just felt she was too trusting.But other than those things, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was well written, and I liked the characters. I will be looking for more by this author.Oh! One more niggle! I hate this cover. I've seen it used before, hated it then, but I hate it more now, because, to me, it doesn't really fit with this story. Better something with a guy's face obscured somehow, right?