bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

Cut & Run 9

Crash & Burn - Abigail Roux I'm going to have to think on this one for a while.

On the one hand, I loved it. Vintage Ty & Zane, finally back where they belong, taking the lead in their own series, like it always should have been. On the other hand, my eyes almost sprained themselves, they rolled so hard, so often, at all the acts of betrayal and kidnappings and presumed deaths and stupidity that kept happening.

The Ty & Zane moments were perfection. Finally,finally, they are happy and healthy and living their lives, with just the giant hammer over their heads, waiting to drop. And drop it did, finally. SO much happened in this final book, and I wish I could say it was perfect, but the actiony/mystery bits seemed too over the top.

Still, all in all, I felt most threads were tied up nicely, and I'm quite happy with where everything ended up.

Now about that end at the VERY end. After all the "About the Author" and author's note and publishing notes, etc etc, that one little scene. Was that simply someone who's been watching too many Marvel movies, wanting to leave their own little "After the credits" Easter Egg, or dare we hope for another series featuring Ty&Zane, and their future with their bookstore and life as CIA agents? Here's hoping it's the latter!