bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling

The Trouble with Threesomes and Supernatural Soul Mates

The Trouble with Threesomes and Supernatural Soul Mates - Akira_of_the_Twilight I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this fic. This was a soul bond fic, where Chris and Peter are soul mates, and the day Stiles turns 18, his soul mark appears, and Chris and Peter's changes, letting them know that they have another mate.

I thought this was fairly true to character, particularly Stiles and Peter. Sassy Peter, sarcastic, hyper, insecure Stiles, and calm and grounding Chris, they blended very well together.

The story was unexpected, in that it focused more on the guys finding and getting to know each other, and some various action/danger hijinks, than a lot of super kinky sex. Not that sex is a BAD thing, I just find that too many fics of this sort focus solely on that aspect of the relationship. This fic built up the relationship, and doesn't get down to the smexing in the next to last chapter, then we got quite the nice three way action!

Stiles had his moments of insecurity, both in how the sex would work (leading to some hilarious conversations with his dad!), and how he can possibly fit in with someone who has been together as long as Chris and Peter have.

Almost entirely non-canon, the only thing from the show that really appeared was the Alpha pack, and vague allusions to the Argents(Kate) and Derek (who never makes an appearance, I don't think he was even named, just "Peter's Nephew").

One tiny little niggle with the writing is that the author tended to use "Stiles'" very often, where no apostrophe was needed, but it didn't really detract from the story for me.