bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling
Sinner's Gin - Rhys Ford

I don't know why I waited so long to read this book! I had read the first book in her other series, and I liked it, but I wasn't blown away, but this, this one blew me away. Miki was just so broken and alone, and I loved how Kane was determined to take care of him, pretty much from the very beginning. And Kane's family was awesome too, hopefully, we see more of them in future books.

I enjoyed the mystery parts of it, but it might be worth noting to readers with triggers that this book features some pretty heavy duty abuse, although it took part in the past, not the present, and was never really detailed. I don't even know fully what Miki went through as a kid, but what I do know was horrifying.

I had a few little questions about the timeline though. How long had it been since the accident at the beginning of the story? I went back to the beginning and looked, but if it's there I missed it. Was it months, a year, two years? It doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of the story, I just want to know.