bitchie

Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling
Second Chances - T.A. Webb

I really struggled with what to rate this one. I saw so many awesome reviews that I expected to be blown away, but I just wasn't, not really. It was a very good, well written, heart breaking story, but somehow I felt a disconnect through the whole thing. It's like the story was told in pieces, and I always felt a bit lost, like I was missing things.

I wanted to know more about Brian, why he did what he did, and how he and Mark worked things out. I wanted to know more about Antonio, his life outside of his friendship with Mark. Even Mark's big family, which confused me, with so many similar names. Ray and Roy, Robert and Robbie, and all the sisters, I just couldn't keep them all straight.

But like I said, it was very well written, and managed to wring tears out of me at several different points, so I wavered between 3 and 4 stars, so I'm giving it 3.5.