bitchie

In The Absence of Light
Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling
The Shattered Gates - Ginn Hale This story is short, it's almost like a prologue, setting up the story to come. We meet John and his mysterious roommate, Kyle. It reminds me a bit of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, with a desolate wasteland, and in tiny ways crossing paths with our own world. Kyle has been traveling between worlds for years, watching John, a Rifter (we readers still don't know what that is at this point), when John accidentally manages to stumble into Kyle's world, dragging his friends Bill and Laurie with him. And that sets us up for what looks to be a fascinating series that I am most anxious to continue reading.Romance lovers should know though, that there is no romance to be found in this first episode, although there are tiny hints that something might be on the horizon.