bitchie

In The Absence of Light
Adrienne Wilder
My Brother's Lover
Lynn Kelling
Billy's Bones - Jamie Fessenden This was NOT the type of book I was in the mood for last night, guess I'll learn to read reviews first.That being said, once I started it, I could not put it down, it was that good. It's NOT something to read if sexual abuse, especially of minors, is a trigger for you. There were some VERY uncomfortable sections in this book, including rape and murder of a child.The one thing that did give me pause was a psychologist taking to long to get a hint that abuse might have been involved. I'm just an ordinary woman, and the first thing that crossed my mind (and I don't think I even read the blurb for this book, let alone any reviews) when Kevin got nauseous when kissed was abuse. Tom was a shrink, shouldn't he have recognized the signs sooner?But all in all, in spite of it not being what I was looking for, I was totally sucked in from the beginning, read it all in one sitting, and will check out more by this author.